Wesley's Chapel
Font
Look Closer
The font is octagonal supported on a base of columns and its alabaster is russet and white

The nineteenth century alabaster font came from Revd. John Fletcher’s church at Madeley in Shropshire. The carved stone within is from one of the steps of Nathaniel Gilbert’s house in Antigua, where he began preaching to his slaves in 1759. This was the beginning of Methodism in the Caribbean.

Points of Interest
Windows Interior Apse Pews
Pulpit Gallery Organ Foundery Chapel

Chapel Interior Courtyard Preaching Window Font Apse Pews Pulpit Gallery Organ Foundery Chapel

Courtyard | Interior | Windows | Font | Apse | Pews | Pulpit | Gallery | Organ | Foundery Chapel


Site © Wesley's Chapel & Leysian Mission 2008
49 City Road, London EC1Y 1AU