Wesley's Chapel
Gallery
Look Closer
The pale curved gallery is filled with benches and supported by pillars

The gallery was initially a rectangular shape but at the beginning of the nineteenth century it was altered to its present oval shape. It was substantially altered again in 1864. At this time the front of the gallery was lowered and the seating was raked. This meant that everybody sitting in the gallery could see the newly lowered pulpit.

Points of Interest
Windows Font Apse Pews
Pulpit Interior Organ Foundery Chapel

Chapel Interior Courtyard Preaching Window Font Apse Pews Pulpit Gallery Organ Foundery Chapel

Courtyard | Interior | Windows | Font | Apse | Pews | Pulpit | Gallery | Organ | Foundery Chapel


Site © Wesley's Chapel & Leysian Mission 2008
49 City Road, London EC1Y 1AU