Wesley's Chapel
Pulpit
Look Closer
The pulpit is over six feet high and made of a dark wood.

The pulpit was installed by John Wesley when the Chapel was opened in 1778. It was originally three tiered, the preacher would sit at the top, the clerk in the middle and the precantor at the bottom. In 1864 the pulpit was lowered by 5 foot to become a single tiered pulpit.

Points of Interest
Windows Font Apse Pews
Interior Gallery Organ Foundery Chapel

Chapel Interior Courtyard Preaching Window Font Apse Pews Pulpit Gallery Organ Foundery Chapel

Courtyard | Interior | Windows | Font | Apse | Pews | Pulpit | Gallery | Organ | Foundery Chapel


Site © Wesley's Chapel & Leysian Mission 2008
49 City Road, London EC1Y 1AU